Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Motivation For Success III
1. Develop sincere desire for goal; out of fire of desire comes success.
2. Direction is more important than speed. We are so busy looking at our speedometers that we forget the milestones.
3. Do not plan for fresh venture before finishing what is at hand.
4. Do not repent for what is lost forever. Start with whatever is left with you and once again fortune will smile on you.
5. Do not suppose opportunity will knock twice at your door.
6. Do not tell me how hard you work. Tell me how much you get done.
7. Don’t believe in luck… Believe in Pluck!
8. Don’t be surprised to discover that luck favours those who are prepared.
9. Maintain an elegant address even if you have to live in the attic… Never niggle… when short of cash. Borrow big, but always repay promptly.
10. Either dance well or quit the ballroom.
11. Every man is the architect of his own fortune.
12. Every new opinion, at its starting, is precisely in a minority of one.
13. Everything comes to him who waits.
14. Everything that is done in the world is done by hope.
15. Faith means intense, ususally confident belief that is not based on evidence sufficient to command assent from every reasonable person.
16. Fame (or renown) is the praise bestowed on a good man by other good men.
17. Fame is a bee. It has a song. It has a sting. Ah, too, it has a wing.
18. Fame is like a river, that floats up things light and swollen, and weighty and solid.
19. Fight one more round. When your feet are so tired that you have to stumble back to the centre of the ring, fight one more round. When your arms are so tired that you can hardly lift your hands to come on guard, fight one more round. When your nose is bleeding, and your eyes are black and you are so tired that you wish your opponent would crack you in the jaw and put you to sleep, fight one more round — remembering that the man who always fights one more round is never defeated.
20. Flattery is like Eau De Cologne — to be smelt but not swallowed.
21. Fortune favours the brave.
22. Fortune sides with him who dares.
23. From saving comes having. From small beginnings come great things.
24. Genius is infinite pains taking.
25. Genius is the father and industry the mother of greatness.