Tuesday, February 28, 2012
Motivation For Success II
1. Be daring, be first, be different to be a success in business.
2. Before God’s foot stood to confess, a poor soul knelt and bowed his head,” I failed,” he cried.
The master said,” Thou didst thy best – that is success!”
3. Consider what a canny beast, the timid mouse is. He does not put his trust in just one hole, but has already made another for use if the first one is blocked.
4. Constant success shows us but one side of the world. For as it surrounds us with friends who will tell us only our merits, so it silences those enemies from whom alone we can learn about our defects.
5. Costly thy habit as thy purse can buy, but not expressed in fancy; rich, gaudy, For the apparel oft proclaims the man.
6. Remember that just the moment you say,”I give up” someone else seeing the same situation is saying, ” MY! What a great opportunity..” When opportunity knocks, invite it to stay for dinner.
7. Safety first has been the motto of the human race for half a million years; but it has never been the motto of leaders. A leader must face danger. He must take the risk and the blame, and the brunt of the storm.
8. “If they give you the cow, you have to bring the rope.” All we are given is possiblities – to make ourselves one thing or another.
9. Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned.
10. Courage is a quality so necessary for maintaining virtue that it is always respected, even when it is associated with vice.
11. Courage is rightly first of human qualities because it is the quality which guarantees all others.
12. Criticism is a study by which men grow important and formidable at very small expense.
13. Deadlines are important. Greet them and meet them.
14. Deliberation is the work of many men. Action, of one alone.
15. Details often kill initiative, but there have been few successful men who weren’t good at details. Don’t ignore details. Lick them.
16. Genius, that power which dazzles mortal eyes, is oft but perseverance in disguise. Continuous efforts, of itself, implies, In spite of countless falls, the power to rise. Between failure and success the point’s so fine, Men sometimes know not when they touch the line. Just when the pearl was waiting one more plunge, How many divers have thrown up the sponge!
17. Get action, do things; be sane, don’t fritter away your time… take a place wherever you are and be somebody; get action.
18. Go to the ant, thou sluggard: consider her ways, and be wise.
19. God’s best gift to us is not things, but opportunities.
20. Good luck is a lazy man’s estimate of a worker’s success.
21. Good temper is like a sunny day which showers brightness over everything.
22. Great deeds are usually wrought at great risks.
23. Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.
24. Hanging on just one second longer than your competitor makes you the winner.
25. Half the failures in life arise from stopping one’s horse as it starts leaping.