Google Search

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Count Your Blessing


The World Is Mine
Today upon a bus,
I saw a very handsome man and wished I were as beautiful
When suddenly, he rose to leave, I saw him hobble down the aisle.
He had one leg and wore a crutch, but as he passed, he passed a smile.
Oh God, forgive me when I whine.
I have two legs, the world is mine.
I stopped to buy some candy,
the lad who sold it had such charm
I talked with him, he seemed so glad.
If I were late, it’d do no harm, and as I left he said to me, I thank you,
you’ve been so kind.
It’s nice to talk to folks like you.
You see, he said, I am blind.
Oh god, forgive me when I whine.
I have two eyes, the world is mine.
Later, while walking down the street, I saw a child I knew.
He stood and watched others play, but he did not know what to do.
I stopped a moment and then I said, “why don’t you join them dear?”
He looked ahead without a word. I forgot he couldn’t hear.
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine.
I have two ears, the world is mine.
With feet to take me where I go,
with eyes to see the sunset glow.
with ears to hear what I’d know.
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine,
I’ve been blessed indeed,
the world is mine.

No comments:

" Motivational Video "

All Posts on this blog are the property of their respective authors. All information has been reproduced here for educational and informational purposes.