Google Search

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Poems about Lovers


You called today

I awoke this morning and I couldn't move.
I didn't want to open my eyes.
I didn't want to face another day alone.
The night was bad enough.
Finally I rolled over and peeked at the clock. 5:30 it said.
And I noticed that the pillow was damp again.
It's not that I felt sorry for myself.
It's just that life is so Goddamn short.
I don't believe in reincarnation.
Life is a one-shot deal as far as I can make out.
You live, you love, you make the world a little better.
Then you die and it's all over, forever.
Does anything really matter?
Politicians, generals, dictators,
and countless other rude, obnoxious people
all vying for your time, and fighting over your life.
Sometimes I feel an overwhelming urge
to find an island,
where we could lay on the beach and make love
and walk naked in the breeze. Our own little Eden.
Would I pick the apples?
You damn right I would, just the way God picked 'em.
I'm not a little person who needs permission.
I know what apples taste like. They are delicious.
So I go down to the market and buy a bag of apples,
go to the park, sit on a bench and eat one.
But it isn't the same. I know it never will be.
I come home again, leaving the apples behind.
Then you call, and everything changes.
I notice that the sun is shining for the first time,
and I don't feel so alone anymore.
Maybe sometime we could wake up together. You think?

Lovers

If you want to be a lover
you must learn how to hurt.
You love, you hurt, you love.
It's called living.
It's not a female thing.
It's not a male thing.
It's a person thing.
You know?

To all the women I have loved

Some of you have wanted to put me in a little box
that you could open and play with when the mood hit you.
But I always broke free and flew away didn't I?
I've often wondered what you thought
when you opened the box one day
and I wasn't there, smiling up at you.
Some of you were on your little trip.
You felt oppressed, hurt and afraid.
I played along because I didn't know what else to do.
But I soon tired of your selfish ways,
and left quietly when you were sleeping,
realizing that you would get along fine without me.
Some of you were so good for me.
You laughed and loved and made me feel
like the richest man in the world.
We made love for hours,
and the hours melted into lifetimes,
and I forgot the deathly silence of being alone.
Some of you were so special I fell in love with you,
even before we made love, even before we became friends,
we fell in love and explored love from the other side.
Some of you have wanted me to fly and said so.
Some of you flew along with me for a time.
You are the lovers I miss. You know who you are.
I love you.

No comments:

" Motivational Video "

All Posts on this blog are the property of their respective authors. All information has been reproduced here for educational and informational purposes.