Google Search

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Harsh Words




One day, Elizabeth was walking on the road. She ran into a stranger as he passed by. “Oh excuse me please” replied Elizabeth. The stranger said, “Please excuse me too; I wasn’t watching for you.” They were very polite to each other. Before they parted, they said goodbye to each other.

When Elizabeth reached home, everything was different. How she treat her loved ones, young and old? 

Later that day, while Elizabeth was cooking dinner for the family, her son stood beside her, watching everything that she was doing, standing very still. When Elizabeth was about to make a turn, she almost knocked him down. “Move out of the way,” shouted Elizabeth with a frown. The poor son walked away, his little heart broken. Elizabeth did not realize how harshly she had spoken.

Later in the night, while Elizabeth was laying in bed, she heard the soft voice of God saying to her,”While dealing with a stranger, common courtesy you use, but the children you love, you seem to abuse. Go look on the kitchen floor, you’ll find some flowers there by the door.” “Those are the flowers he brought for you. He picked them himself; pink yellow and blue. He stood very quietly not to spoil the surprise, and you never saw the tears that filled his little eyes.

By this time, Elizabeth felt very small, and her tears began to fall. She quietly went and knelt by his son’s bed; “Wake up, little one, wake up,” she said. “Are these the flowers you picked for me?” her son smiled, “I found ‘em out by the tree.” “I picked ‘em because they’re pretty like you. I knew you’d like ‘em, especially the blue.
Elizabeth replied, “Son, I’m very sorry for the way I acted today; I shouldn’t have yelled at you that way.” However, the son said, “Oh, Mom, that’s okay. I love you anyway.
Son, I love you too, and I do like the flowers, especially the blue.” replied Elizabeth, with tears flowing down her eyes.

Do you know what the word FAMILY means? Do you know that if we died tomorrow, the company that we are working for could easily replace us in a matter of days. But the family we left behind will feel the loss for the rest of their lives. We spend more time on work than with our own family, this is an unwise investment. The word FAMILY just mean (F)ATHER (A)ND (M)OTHER, (I), (L)OVE, (Y)OU!

No comments:

" Motivational Video "

All Posts on this blog are the property of their respective authors. All information has been reproduced here for educational and informational purposes.