Google Search

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Poems about Life

This is Life 

I saw the glory of the sunrise,

Breathed the invigorating air,
And my soul rose to the very skies 
When I sallied forth, proud to dare.
 
That was the morning.


The awful heat of the day came down;
I stooped, and my brow was wet with sweat.
And when I saw Misfortune frown I cried,
"I am not conquered yet!"
 
That was the noonday.


The softer shades of twilight fell
And released my grip in the strife.
I am contented now to dwell
Where understanding sweetens life.. 
This is eventide.


I bargained with Life for a penny


I bargained with Life for a penny, 
And Life would pay no more,

However I begged at evening 
When I counted my scanty store;


For Life is a just employer,
He gives you what you ask, 
But once you have set the wages,
 
Why, you must bear the task.
 

I worked for a menial's hire,

Only to learn, dismayed,
That any wage I had asked of Life, 
Life would have gladly paid!


What I live For


I live for those who love me,
For those who know me true,
For the Heaven that smiles above me, 
And awaits my spirit too;

For the cause that lacks assistance,For the wrong that needs resistance, 
For the future in the distance, 

And the good that I can do.

No comments:

" Motivational Video "

All Posts on this blog are the property of their respective authors. All information has been reproduced here for educational and informational purposes.