Google Search

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Poem About Death


I Asked Jesus By Alan Grant

Should you die today, where will you go? I put on new clothes, New sneaks on my feet.
I was there for class on time,
Went to the back and took my seat.
Yeah, I’m moving up,
I’m already grown.
Soon I’ll be graduating,
And out on my own.
I talked to some of my friends,
We were all having fun.
Said some things I shouldn’t have said,
Did stuff I shouldn’t have done.
I knew I was different.
I felt God touch my heart,
I knew I should set a standard,
But then I’d be set apart.
Walking to the bus,
I was not looking for strength.
I heard the car tyres screeching,
But now it’s too late.
I’m standing in this room,
And I can see the heavenly gate.
Oh no! I never prayed.
I thought I had time to get it straight.
An angel walked to me,
He had a book in his hand.
I knew it was the Book of Life,
When would this dream end?
I told him my name,
And he began to look.
Then he looked at me sadly and said,
” Your name is not in this book. “
” Angel, this is a dream,
No, I can’t be dead! “
He closed the book and turned away,
He whispered – “You cannot proceed ahead.”
” No…no this can’t be real,
Angel, you can’t turn me away.
Let me talk to God,
Maybe he’ll let me stay. “
He led me to the gate,
Jesus came to me.
He did not let me in but said,
” Beloved what is your need? “
” Jesus, I cried, please,
Don’t cast me away from You. “
Tears ran down His face as He said,
” You knew what you needed to do. “
” Lord, please I’m young,
I never thought I would die.
I thought I’d have plenty of time,
Death caught me by surprise. “
” Lord, I went to church,
Please Jesus, I believe. “
Jesus said “You would not accept me,
My love you would not receive. “
” Lord, there were too many hypocrites,
They weren’t being true. “
Jesus took a step back and asked,
” What does that have to do with you? “
” Lord, my family claimed to be saved,
They weren’t real. You know. “
Jesus said, “I died for you,
Now I have to go. “
I fell to my knees crying to Him,
” Lord, I planned to be real tomorrow. “
I couldn’t, make Him understand,
I had never-felt such sorrow.
Then it hit me hard, I said,
” Lord, where will I go? “
He looked into my eyes and said,
” My child you already know. “
“Please Jesus, I begged,
The place is so hot. “
It seemed to trouble and grieve Him,
He whispered, “DEPART FROM ME, I KNOW YOU NOT.”
” Lord, you’re supposed to be love,
How can you send me to damnation? “
He replied, “With your mouth you said you loved me,
But each day you rejected my salvation.”
With that in an instant,
Day turned into night.
I never knew such torture could be,
Now too late, I know the Bible is right.
If I can tell you anything,
Hell has no age.
It is a place of torture,
Separated from God and full of rage.
You know, I thought it was funny-a joke,
But this one thing is true.
If you never accept Jesus Christ,
HELL IS WAITING FOR YOU!

No comments:

" Motivational Video "

All Posts on this blog are the property of their respective authors. All information has been reproduced here for educational and informational purposes.