Ragada Patties Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup Dehydrated White Peas, soaked overnight
- 3 cup Water (saved from the boiled peas)
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 3 Green Chilies
- 1 tbsp Chopped Coriander
- 1 tbsp Chopped Mint
- 1/4 tsp Black Salt
- 1/2 tsp Pepper Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Powder
- 1/2 tsp Garam Masala
- 4 Potatoes, boiled, peeled, mashed
- 1/4 cup Semolina (rava)
- 1/2 cup Bread Crumbs
- 8-10 Green Chilies, crushed fine
- 1 tsp Ginger, grated
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Salt to taste
- Oil, to shallow fry patties.
- Wash and pressure cook peas in water till well done.
- Cool 3 tbsp. peas for blend.
- Blend together cooled peas, green chilies, mint, coriander
- Heat oil, add paste. Fry for a minute.
- Add dry masala and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add peas, water and bring to boil.
- Summer for 7-8 minutes till gravy thickens.
- Mix all ingredients well with hand. Knead lightly.
- With the help of greased hands form 12-14 round flat 1/2" thick 2" patties, (use mould if you want any other shapes, eg. hearts, diamonds, etc.)
- Roast few at a time on a greased hot griddle.
- Turn once to roast other side, making them crisp and golden brown. Keep aside.
- Place two patties on a plate and serve ragada on side. Now garnish with chopped onions and coriander leaves and sev if it is available at home. Place a small lemon slice.
- You can also serve by breaking the patties into bite-size pieces and pour the ragada on top and garnish with chopped onions and coriander leaves and sev.