Mishti Doi Recipe
- 2¼ liters Milk (buffalo milk, with full fat)
- 500 gm Sugar
- 25 gm Yogurt (dahi)
- Earthen Pot (handi)
- Small Container/ Deep Bowl (with 1.5 kg capacity)
- Add 300gms of sugar to the milk and put to boil on Medium heat for at least 45mins and beat the milk constantly while boiling.
- See that the milk is reduced to almost 40 % and becomes thick and light brown in color.
- Place the remaining 200gms of sugar in heavy bottom vessel with 50ml of water and melt on low heat
- Allow the sugar mixture to turn dark brown in color.
- Gradually add this sugar mixture to the boiled milk and boil again for 15 minutes.
- Take it off the flame and beat constantly with a jar till the mixture becomes lukewarm.
- Transfer the mixture into the earthen pot.
- Mix the Yogurt into the mixture after 5 min.
- Cover and allow setting for 8 to 12 hours at a warm place, do not open or move the pot during this period.
- Uncover and store in a refrigerator.
- Serve chilled.