- 1/2 liter Milk
- 2 tsp Flour (maida)
- 1/4 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 4-5 drops Rosewater Essence
- Heat milk in a pan and bring it to boil. Remove from heat.
- Add lemon juice. Stir slowly and gently until white curd forms on the surface and separates from whey. On straining this milk, the curd that is obtained is called "chenna".
- Wash chenna well under cold running water and twist the cloth that was used for straining to extract water.
- Knead chenna to make a smooth dough. Add flour and knead again.
- Make small balls of equal size (6-7) of the dough and keep aside. Next make sugar syrup.
- Mix sugar and water in a saucepan and bring it to boil.
- Add chenna balls to the syrup and cook for 15 minutes with lid partially covered.
- Chenna dumplings will puff up.
- On cooling, add rose water essence.