Aloo Posto Recipe
- 4 Potatoes
- 1 cup Oil
- 6 Green Chillies
- 2 Bay leafs
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 Tbsp Poppy Seeds
- Salt to taste
- Boil, peel and cut the potatoes into thick cubes. Set aside for later use.
- Grind poppy seeds, three green chilies, turmeric powder and salt in a mixer grinder, to form a thick paste.
- Mix the ground paste with 1 tablespoon of water. Now, smear the paste onto the potato cubes.
- Heat the oil. First, fry the bayleafs and chillies.
- Next, add the potatoes and fry on low heat, stirring all the while.
- Fry the potatoes on medium flame first, then on simmer, as the oil gets heated up. After frying the potatoes until golden brown, drain the oil and then remove them off the flame.
- Serve aloo posto hot, with rice and dal.