- 1/2 cup Urad Daal (Black Gram)
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp Ginger
- 1 or 2 Green Chilies, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- Pick, wash and soak Urad Dal for 3-4 hours.
- Make a smooth paste of the dal by grinding it in wet grinder. Make sure that you do not add too much water, because it should be a thick paste.
- Add onions, ginger, green chilies salt and baking powder to the paste, mix well and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan or kadhai and deep fry a spoonful of batter, till golden
- Serve with coconut chutney or sambhar as a snack. It can also serve as meal.