- 1 finely-grated Coconut,
- 1 tsp roasted Channa Dal
- 1 tsp roasted Urad Dal
- 1/4 tsp Asafetida (heeng)
- 2 Green Chilies
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
- Assortment of Vegetables, cut and diced (excluding salad and leafy vegetables and beetroot)
- Blanch the diced vegetables and set it aside for later use.
- Grind channa dal, urad dal, asafoetida and green chillies to a paste.
- Heat ghee in a separate shallow pan and add the grounded paste.
- Fry lightly till it emits fragrance.
- Add the grated coconut and sauté it over a low flame.
- Add the blanched vegetables and cook till done.
- Add salt to taste.
- Serve hot.