Recipe of Badam Phirni
- 2 cups Milk
- 2 tbsp Rice
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4th Cup Blanched Almonds (sliced)
- 1 tsp Green Cardamom (crushed)
- 1/2 tsp Kewra Essence
- Silver or Gold Foil Paper (varak)
- Soak rice in water for a few hours, then drain the water and grind rice into a smooth paste.
- In a non-stick saucepan, boil milk. After it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to simmer.
- Over a moderately low heat, add rice, sugar and cardamom to the milk and stir constantly, till it turns thick.
- Remove from heat and add almonds. Put in serving bowl and let it come down to room temperature. Now, put in the fridge and chill.
- Garnish with silver or gold foil paper (varak) and serve.