Moong Dal Ka Halwa Recipe
- 1½ cup Moong Dal, soaked
- 3/4 cup Mawa, well crumpled
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1½ liter Milk
- 1/2 tsp Saffron, soaked in a little milk
- 5 Cardamoms, powdered
- 6 tbsp Ghee
- Grind the Moong dal coarsely. Heat the ghee and fry the dal till golden.
- Add milk and cook till the milk has been absorbed. Add mawa and cook on a low fire, stirring continuously till the dal and the mawa are well blended. Remove from the heat and keep aside.
- Make sugar syrup of one thread and add saffron and cardamom powder to it. Add the fried dal to the syrup and stir quickly till it mixes well. If you want you can add thin silvers of blanched almonds.