How To Make Internet Friends?
It is not very easy to nurture a friendship with someone you cannot see or feel. This is the main issue that internet friendship faces. Without the physical presence of the person, it is very difficult to form a friendship that would last forever. Yet some people argue that not being able to see each other is an advantage. Some people are not quite confident about their looks and some are afraid to speak up in public or a group. Online friendship is very helpful for such people.
However, the chances of deception are very high in an internet friendship. Any anonymous person with a computer can log onto such a site and make friends with wrong intentions. Thus, while making friends over the internet, one has to be extremely careful and follow certain precautions. There are certain guidelines that are to be religiously followed if you are going for online friendship. Also, remember that online friendship can’t remain online forever, because after some time it becomes mandatory to meet a person to take the relationship to the next level.
Tips For Online Friendship
- Do not divulge personal information like your telephone number, address, location, school / college name, professional details of your parents, etc. with unknown people on the internet.
- Disconnect the line if you feel the person is probing in too much detail about your personal life.
- Do not disclose anything about friends or relatives or other family members.
- Do not exchange personal photographs of yours or any family member with people you meet over the internet.
- Don't go to meet a person you have just met over the internet. Consult elder people or someone who is experienced and if you have to go, take someone trustworthy with you.
- Do not disclose information such as your email password, credit card numbers, ATM password, etc to someone you have just met over the internet.
- If you feel someone is not genuine, do not accept his / her friend's request. Do not forward emails to unknown people nor read unknown mails.