Google Search

Friday, March 16, 2012

Prayers of the Church - Apostle's Creed



I believe in God, the Father Almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.
Everything I see
- the earth, the sky, the sea -
are gifts of God to me.
I believe in Jesus Christ,
his only son, our Lord.
And I believe God's greatest gift
is Jesus Christ, God's only son,
who came to earth to be my friend and brother.
He was conceived
by the power of the Holy Spirit
and was born of the Virgin Mary.
Jesus was born in Bethlehem,
long, long ago;
he was born of the Holy Spirit,
and Mary was his mother, long, long ago.
He suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried.
Jesus, so good, was put to death,
crucified by Pontius Pilate, a cruel Roman judge,
and all seemed lost
when he was buried in a tomb,
but it wasn't.
He descended to the dead.
On the third day he rose again.
I believe God raised Jesus from the dead.
On Easter Sunday, his friends saw him alive,
and all his friends rejoiced and sang -- Alleluia!
I believe in the Holy Spirit, 
the holy Catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and life everlasting. Amen.
Yes, the Holy Spirit gives life to me, too,
and not only to me,
but to all the friends of Jesus,
who are his church.
The Holy Spirit forgives our sins,
and gives us hope of life forever. Amen.

No comments:

" Motivational Video "

All Posts on this blog are the property of their respective authors. All information has been reproduced here for educational and informational purposes.