The basis of all law (your rule of life) rests on two commandments:
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with allyour soul, and with all your mind…You shall love your neighboras yourself" (Matthew 22:37,39).
The Ten Commandments
These are an extension of the two great commandments. The first three tell you how to love your God; the rest show you how to love your neighbor.
1. I am the Lord your God. You shall not have strange gods before me.
2. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
3. Remember to keep holy the Lord's Day.
4. Honor your father and your mother.
5. You shall not kill.
6. You shall not commit adultery.
7. You shall not steal.
8. You shall not bear false witness against you neighbor.
9. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife.
10. You shall not covet your neighbor’s goods.