- 1 (18 ounce) container Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
- 1 tsp Rose Water (optional)
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cardamom
- Dash of Ground Nutmeg
- Few threads of Saffron
- 4 tsp finely chopped Green Pistachios
- Mix all the ingredients of Shrikhand, except pistachios.
- After mixing the ingredients, put them in a bowl and cover it with a lid. Refrigerate the mixture for at least 2 hours.
- After waiting for two hours, take the bowl off the refrigerator. By this time, the mixture would have reached the consistency of a dessert. Now, you may stir and spoon the Shrikhand (Sweet Golden Yogurt) into dessert dishes.
- Sprinkle with pistachios.
- Serves four people.