Google Search

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Best Last-Words Quotes



...the fog is rising. (Emily Dickinson's last words)

Ah, well, then I suppose I shall have to die beyond my means. (Oscar Wilde)

And now, in keeping with Channel 40's policy of always bringing you the latest in blood and guts, in living color, you're about to see another first -- an attempted suicide. (Chris Hubbock, who shot herself during a broadcast)

Crito, I owe a cock to Asclepius; will you remember to pay the debt? (Socrates)

Dieu me pardonnera. C'est son métier. God will forgive me. It's his job. (Heinrich Heine)

Don't let it end like this. Tell them I said something. (Pancho Villa)

Drink to me. (Pablo Picasso)

Friends applaud, the Comedy is over. (Ludwig von Beethoven)

Go away...I'm alright. (H. G. Wells)

Go on, get out. Last words are for fools who haven't said enough. (Karl Marx to his housekeeper)

Goodbye, Everybody! (Hart Crane, poet, who committed suicide by jumping overboard during a steamship voyage)

I am about to--or I am going to--die; either expression is used. (Dominique Bouhours, French grammarian)

I still live. (Daniel Webster)

More light! (Goethe)

Now comes the mystery. (Henry Ward Beecher)

Show my head to the people, it is worth seeing. (Georges Danton, to his executioner)

The nourishment is palatable. (Millard Fillmore)

They couldn't hit an elephant at this dist--- (General John B. Sedgwick, 1864)

This is the fourth? (Thomas Jefferson)

Thomas Jefferson--still surv... (John Adams)

What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset. (Crowfoot, Blackfoot warior and orator, 1890)

What is the answer? In that case, what is the question? (Gertrude Stein)

Why yes -- a bulletproof vest. (James Rodges, murderer, on his final request before the firing squad)

No comments:

" Motivational Video "

All Posts on this blog are the property of their respective authors. All information has been reproduced here for educational and informational purposes.