Google Search

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Best Desire Quotes



Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp -- or what's a heaven for? (Robert Browning)

As long as a man stands in his own way, everything seems to be in his way. (Ralph Waldo Emerson)

Because we want peace with half a heart and half a life and will, the war of course continues because the waging of war is total. But the waging of peace, by our own cowardice, is partial. So a whole will and a whole heart and a whole national life bent t (Daniel Berrigan)

Better murder an infant in its cradle than nurse an unacted desire. (William Blake)

Help me to resist temptation, Lord, especially when I know no one is looking. (Anonymous)

Hope is a desire with an expectation of accomplishment. (Anonymous)

I feel an earnest and humble desire, and shall till I die, to increase the stock of harmless cheerfulness. (Charles Dickens)

I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it. (Mae West)

I never resist temptation, because I have found that things that are bad for me do not tempt me. (George Bernard Shaw)

I'm a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four. (Joel Rosenberg, "The Warrior Lives")

If you haven't all the things you want, be grateful for the things you don't have that you wouldn't want. (Anonymous)

It is good to be without vices, but it is not good to be without temptations. (Walter Bagehot, "Biographical Studies)

It's not peace I want, not mere contentment. It's boundless joy and ecstasy for me. (Kugell)

Lord, grant that I may always desire more than I accomplish. (Michelangelo)

Love is an irresistable desire to be irresistably desired. (Robert Frost)

Most people are so busy knocking themselves out trying to do everything they think they should do, they never get around to what they want to do. (Kathleen Winsor)

Our destiny changes with our thought; we shall become what we wish to become, do what we wish to do, when our habitual thought corresponds with our desire. (Orison S. Marden)

The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it. (Oscar Wilde)

There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it. (George Bernard Shaw)

Those who flee temptation generally leave a forwarding address. (Lane Olinghouse)

What is my loftiest ambition? I've always wanted to throw an egg at an electric fan. (Anonymous)

Whatever you want too much you can't have, so when you really want something, try to want it a little less. (Joel Rosenberg)

When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open for us. (Alexander Graham Bell)

You know, sometimes a man just can't satisfy all of a woman's desires. Which is why God invented dental floss. (Susanne Kollrack)

You will never 'find' time for anything. If you want the time, you must make it. (Charles Buxton)

By believing passionately in something that still does not exist, we create it. The nonexistent is whatever we have not sufficiently desired. (Nikos Kazantzakis)

No comments:

" Motivational Video "

All Posts on this blog are the property of their respective authors. All information has been reproduced here for educational and informational purposes.