Homemade Christmas Candles
- To make Christmas candles, you may make use of beeswax, as they mould very easily. However, the wax is very fragile, so you need to take special care while shaping it up into candles. Since the wax melts easily, you need to take precaution while burning it.
- You may make decorative red pillar candles by rolling colorless beeswax square diagonally on a flat surface and then rolling up the wick in it. After doing so, wrap the pillar shaped candle with red velvet ribbon. Secure the ribbon with the help of a dab of glue.
- You can make your simple round candles sparkle for the Christmas night, by using silver and gold-headed pins. With the pins, you can create different patterns on the candles. Just a line around the top and along the bottom may also make your candle look very attractive.
- You can make your candles in different wax colors and decorate them with ribbon bows to give them as Christmas presents to your loved ones. A small holly wreath as a base with a cute gnome or elf toy can make your candle look even more special and truly a Christmas gift!
- Attach small votives on top of decorated CDs for a holiday candle arrangement or make use of bamboo arch votive holders, if you want to provide an ethnic look to the decorative piece.
- Candle accents can be made by gluing real pressed flowers and leaves, shells, marbles or berries for the centerpieces.
- Make use of discarded greens to give a unique look to your candle decoration and use pines, tiny gold baubles and painted plastic balls in sparkling silver to give Christmas look to your candles.
- In order to give the finishing touch to your Christmas candle, make use of a candle holder. You may opt for bronze or brass candle holders, if you want to give a vintage look to your decorative candle.