Google Search

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Omar Khayyam Quotes


"A hair divides what is false and true."
"And that inverted bowl we call The Sky, where under crawling coop't we live and die, lift not thy hands to It for help - for it rolls impotently on as thou or I."
"Drink! for you know not whence you came nor why: drink! for you know not why you go, nor where."
"Living Life Tomorrow's fate, though thou be wise, Thou canst not tell nor yet surmise; Pass, therefore, not today in vain, For it will never come again."
"Myself when young did eagerly frequent doctor and saint, and heard great argument about it and about: but evermore came out by the same door as in I went."
"Oh, the brave Music of a distant drum!"
"The thoughtful soul to solitude retires."
"There was a door to which I found no key: There was the veil through which I might not see."
"'Tis all a Checker-board of Nights and days where Destiny with Men for Pieces plays: Hither and thither moves, and mates and slays, and one by one back in the Closet lays."
"You know, my friends, with what a brave carouse I made a Second Marriage in my house; favored old barren reason from my bed, and took the daughter of the vine to spouse."

No comments:

" Motivational Video "

All Posts on this blog are the property of their respective authors. All information has been reproduced here for educational and informational purposes.