Google Search

Sunday, May 27, 2012

John Keats Quotes


"A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness."
"'Beauty is truth, truth beauty,' - that is all ye know on earth, and all ye need to know."
"Do you not see how necessary a world of pains and troubles is to school an intelligence and make it a soul?"
"He ne'er is crowned with immortality Who fears to follow where airy voices lead."
"Health is my expected heaven."
"Heard melodies are sweet, but those unheard are sweeter."
"I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the heart's affections, and the truth of imagination."
"I am in that temper that if I were under water I would scarcely kick to come to the top."
"I equally dislike the favor of the public with the love of a woman - they are both a cloying treacle to the wings of independence."
"I have been astonished that men could die martyrs for religion - I have shuddered at it. I shudder no more - I could be martyred for my religion - Love is my religion - I could die for that."
"I would sooner fail than not be among the greatest."
"It appears to me that almost any man may like the spider spin from his own inwards his own airy citadel."
"Land and sea, weakness and decline are great separators, but death is the great divorcer for ever."
"Love in a hut, with water and a crust, is - Lover, forgive us! - cinders, ashes, dust."
"Love is my religion - I could die for it."
"Much have I traveled in the realms of gold, and many goodly states and kingdoms seen."
"My imagination is a monastery and I am its monk."
"Nothing ever becomes real till it is experienced."
"Now a soft kiss - Aye, by that kiss, I vow an endless bliss."
"O fret not after knowledge - I have none, and yet my song comes native with the warmth. O fret not after knowledge - I have none, and yet the Evening listens."
"O Solitude! If I must with thee dwell, Let it not be among the jumbled heap of murky buildings."
"O, for a draught of vintage! that hath been Cooled a long age in the deep-delvid earth."
"Pass into nothingness."
"Philosophy will clip an angel's wings."
"Poetry should... should strike the reader as a wording of his own highest thoughts, and appear almost a remembrance."
"Praise or blame has but a momentary effect on the man whose love of beauty in the abstract makes him a severe critic on his own works."
"Scenery is fine - but human nature is finer."
"She press'd his hand in slumber; so once more He could not help but kiss her and adore."
"The poetry of the earth is never dead."
"There is an electric fire in human nature tending to purify - so that among these human creatures there is continually some birth of new heroism. The pity is that we must wonder at it, as we should at finding a pearl in rubbish."
"There is nothing stable in the world; uproar's your only music."
"What the imagination seizes as beauty must be the truth."
"When I have fears that I may cease to be, Before my pen has gleaned my teeming brain."
"Wide sea, that one continuous murmur breeds along the pebbled shore of memory!"

No comments:

" Motivational Video "

All Posts on this blog are the property of their respective authors. All information has been reproduced here for educational and informational purposes.