Google Search

Monday, May 28, 2012

Emma Lazarus Quotes


"Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free."
"I am never going to write for the sake of writing."
"I am perfectly conscious that this contempt and hatred underlies the general tone of the community towards us, and yet when I even remotely hint at the fact that we are not a favorite people I am accused of stirring up strife and setting barriers between the two sects."
"In Heine the Jew there is a depth of human sympathy, a mystic warmth and glow of imagination... an indomitable resistance to every species of bondage."
"Jews are the intensive form of any nationality whose language and customs they adopt."
"Life's sharpest rapture is surcease of pain."
"My own curiosity and interest are insatiable."
"The particular article ought in my opinion to be treated with absolute contempt. It is too vile to touch."
"To refer to the Sun article. It seems to me so coarse and vulgar that it deserves no reply from any self-respecting Jew."
"Until we are all free, we are none of us free."
"We who are prosperous and independent have not sufficient homogeneity to champion on the ground of a common creed, common stock, a common history, a common heritage of misfortune, the rights of the lowest and poorest Jew-peddler who flees, for life and liberty of thought, from Slavonic mobs."

No comments:

" Motivational Video "

All Posts on this blog are the property of their respective authors. All information has been reproduced here for educational and informational purposes.