Google Search

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Edgar Allan Poe Quotes


"A gentleman with a pug nose is a contradiction in terms."
"A strong argument for the religion of Christ is this - that offences against Charity are about the only ones which men on their death-beds can be made - not to understand - but to feel - as crime."
"All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream."
"Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears."
"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."
"I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active - not more happy - nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago."
"I never can hear a crowd of people singing and gesticulating, all together, at an Italian opera, without fancying myself at Athens, listening to that particular tragedy, by Sophocles, in which he introduces a full chorus of turkeys, who set about bewailing the death of Meleager."
"I wish I could write as mysterious as a cat."
"In criticism I will be bold, and as sternly, absolutely just with friend and foe. From this purpose nothing shall turn me."
"In one case out of a hundred a point is excessively discussed because it is obscure; in the ninety-nine remaining it is obscure because it is excessively discussed."
"It is by no means an irrational fancy that, in a future existence, we shall look upon what we think our present existence, as a dream."
"Man's real life is happy, chiefly because he is ever expecting that it soon will be so."
"Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pondered weak and weary."
"Poetry is the rhythmical creation of beauty in words."
"That man is not truly brave who is afraid either to seem or to be, when it suits him, a coward."
"That pleasure which is at once the most pure, the most elevating and the most intense, is derived, I maintain, from the contemplation of the beautiful."
"The best chess-player in Christendom may be little more than the best player of chess; but proficiency in whist implies capacity for success in all these more important undertakings where mind struggles with mind."
"The nose of a mob is its imagination. By this, at any time, it can be quietly led."
"The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying something which is not everything it should be."
"There are few cases in which mere popularity should be considered a proper test of merit; but the case of song-writing is, I think, one of the few."
"There is something in the unselfish and self-sacrificing love of a brute, which goes directly to the heart of him who has had frequent occasion to test the paltry friendship and gossamer fidelity of mere Man."
"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."
"To be thoroughly conversant with a man's heart, is to take our final lesson in the iron-clasped volume of despair."
"To vilify a great man is the readiest way in which a little man can himself attain greatness."
"We loved with a love that was more than love."
"Were I called on to define, very briefly, the term Art, I should call it 'the reproduction of what the Senses perceive in Nature through the veil of the soul.' The mere imitation, however accurate, of what is in Nature, entitles no man to the sacred name of 'Artist.'"
"With me poetry has not been a purpose, but a passion."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

When І inіtially commenteԁ I clіckeԁ thе "Notify me when new comments are added" checκbοx аnd now each
time а cοmmеnt is аddeԁ I gеt fοuг emails ωith the same cοmment.
Is thеre any way you can гemoνe
pеople from that ѕeгvicе? Many thanκs!



Look into my ωeb blοg - %anchor_text%

Anonymous said...

Well, if for eҳample you have a weigɦt lifting regimen that includeѕ 12 exercises, group the movements
in sets of 3. Nɑrcotic Ԁiscomfort medication haѕ іts spot in the cure օf
discomfort in tҺe overall body. , I was given the following message upon setting this goal:
.

my web page ... turbulence training pdf

Anonymous said...

Let me start this by stating that I have never performed an Indignant Birds game before doing this
overview. Math may be the most undisputable
dreaded subject in school but by incorporating more
math games kids will cherish learning. Some examples include 'ice skating' mode, wherein the traction of the ground
is reduced, jump height is increased, and movement speed is increased.


my web page geometry dash hack

" Motivational Video "

All Posts on this blog are the property of their respective authors. All information has been reproduced here for educational and informational purposes.