- 2 lbs Cows Milk or Ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 32 oz half & half milk
- A pinch of saffron
- 1/4 tsp crushed cardamom seeds
- 1/2 cup blanched almonds
- 2 tbsp crushed green pistachios
- Mix the cheese with sugar and little cardamom powder and spread out on a baking tray.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or wait till it sets. It should not get brown.
- Remove from oven, cool at room temperature and cut into 2" squares. Place them in a dessert bowl.
- Mix the other ingredients, except the pistachios well in a separate dish and pour over the squares.
- Decorate with pistachios, chill for 2-3 hours and then serve.