- 1 cup Broken wheat
- 2 1/2 cups Hot water
- 2 tablespoon Almonds
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 15 nos. Raisins
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 3/4 cup Ghee
- Soak the raisins in 1/2 cup water and keep aside.
- Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan, add the broken wheat. Saute on a high flame till it turns pinkish brown. Add hot water, partly cover and cook on a medium flame till most of the water has evaporated. Add more water if the wheat is not tender enough.
- Once all the water has evaporated add the sugar, ghee and 1/2 cup water. Stir. Place a griddle or tava below the pan and cook on a low flame for 8-10 minutes. The lapsi is ready when the ghee starts oozing out from the sides of the pan.
- Serve hot garnished with blanched almonds and pistachios.