Google Search

Friday, December 30, 2011

Quotations about Mothers III

Mother is the name for God in the lips and hearts of little children. ~William Makepeace Thackeray

A daughter is a mother's gender partner, her closest ally in the family confederacy, an extension of her self. And mothers are their daughters' role model, their biological and emotional road map, the arbiter of all their relationships. ~Victoria Secunda


Mother's love grows by giving. ~Charles Lamb


I miss thee, my Mother! Thy image is still
The deepest impressed on my heart.
~Eliza Cook


The tie which links mother and child is of such pure and immaculate strength as to be never violated. ~Washington Irving


I cannot forget my mother. She is my bridge. When I needed to get across, she steadied herself long enough for me to run across safely. ~Renita Weems


A little girl, asked where her home was, replied, "where mother is." ~Keith L. Brooks


Youth fades; love droops; the leaves of friendship fall; A mother's secret hope outlives them all. ~Oliver Wendell Holmes


Most of all the other beautiful things in life come by twos and threes, by dozens and hundreds. Plenty of roses, stars, sunsets, rainbows, brothers and sisters, aunts and cousins, comrades and friends - but only one mother in the whole world. ~Kate Douglas Wiggin


If I was damned of body and soul,
I know whose prayers would make me whole,
Mother o' mine, O mother o'mine.
~Rudyard Kipling


Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world a mother's love is not. ~James Joyce


My mother had a slender, small body, but a large heart - a heart so large that everybody's joys found welcome in it, and hospitable accommodation. ~Mark Twain


It's not easy being a mother. If it were easy, fathers would do it. ~From the television showThe Golden Girls

The mother's heart is the child's school-room. ~Henry Ward Beecher

Women know
The way to rear up children (to be just)
They know a simple, merry, tender knack
Of tying sashes, fitting baby shoes,
And stringing pretty words that make no sense,
And kissing full sense into empty words.
~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

The desolation and terror of, for the first time, realizing that the mother can lose you, or you her, and your own abysmal loneliness and helplessness without her. ~Francis Thompson


Every beetle is a gazelle in the eyes of its mother. ~Moorish Proverb


All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother. ~Abraham Lincoln


No painter's brush, nor poet's pen
In justice to her fame
Has ever reached half high enough
To write a mother's name.
~Author Unknown


Women who miscalculate are called mothers. ~Abigail Van Buren


A man's work is from sun to sun, but a mother's work is never done. ~Author Unknown


One of the very few reasons I had any respect for my mother when I was thirteen was because she would reach into the sink with her bare hands - bare hands - and pick up that lethal gunk and drop it into the garbage. To top that, I saw her reach into the wet garbage bag and fish around in there looking for a lost teaspoon. Bare hands - a kind of mad courage. ~Robert Fulghum


One lamp - thy mother's love - amid the stars
Shall lift its pure flame changeless, and before
The throne of God, burn through eternity -
Holy - as it was lit and lent thee here.
~Nathaniel Parker Willis


No one in the world can take the place of your mother. Right or wrong, from her viewpoint you are always right. She may scold you for little things, but never for the big ones. ~Harry Truman


God could not be everywhere, so he created mothers. ~Jewish Proverb


Life is the fruit she longs to hand you,
Ripe on a plate.
And while you live,
Relentlessly she understands you.
~Phyllis McGinley


Because I feel that in the heavens above
The angels, whispering one to another,
Can find among their burning tears of love,
None so devotional as that of "Mother,"
Therefore, by that dear name I have long called you,
You who are more than mother unto me.
~Edgar Allan Poe


Biology is the least of what makes someone a mother. ~Oprah Winfrey


A man loves his sweetheart the most, his wife the best, but his mother the longest. ~Irish Proverb

No comments:

" Motivational Video "

All Posts on this blog are the property of their respective authors. All information has been reproduced here for educational and informational purposes.