Google Search

Sunday, May 27, 2012

James Joyce Quotes


"A man of genius makes no mistakes; his errors are volitional and are the portals of discovery."
"A man's errors are his portals of discovery."
"All things are inconstant except the faith in the soul, which changes all things and fills their inconstancy with light, but though I seem to be driven out of my country as a misbeliever I have found no man yet with a faith like mine."
"And then I asked him with my eyes to ask again yes and then he asked me would I yes and his heart was going like mad and yes I said yes I will yes."
"Better pass boldly into that other world, in the full glory of some passion, than fade and wither dismally with age."
"Christopher Columbus, as everyone knows, is honored by posterity because he was the last to discover America."
"Come forth, Lazarus! And he came fifth and lost the job."
"I am tomorrow, or some future day, what I establish today. I am today what I established yesterday or some previous day."
"I want to work with the top people, because only they have the courage and the confidence and the risk-seeking profile that you need."
"Irresponsibility is part of the pleasure of all art; it is the part the schools cannot recognize."
"Love (understood as the desire of good for another) is in fact so unnatural a phenomenon that it can scarcely repeat itself, the soul being unable to become virgin again and not having energy enough to cast itself out again into the ocean of another's soul."
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery."
"No pen, no ink, no table, no room, no time, no quiet, no inclination."
"Poetry, even when apparently most fantastic, is always a revolt against artifice, a revolt, in a sense, against actuality."
"The actions of men are the best interpreters of their thoughts."
"The artist, like the God of the creation, remains within or behind or beyond or above his handiwork, invisible, refined out of existence, indifferent, paring his fingernails."
"There is no heresy or no philosophy which is so abhorrent to the church as a human being."
"You forget that the kingdom of heaven suffers violence: and the kingdom of heaven is like a woman."

No comments:

" Motivational Video "

All Posts on this blog are the property of their respective authors. All information has been reproduced here for educational and informational purposes.